Friday, March 8, 2013

LIMA, PERU Around the Materials Table


Monterrico.  Lima, Peru  (3 of 7)
Feb. 12, 2013


After sharing my story rope and quilts with the Monterrico women in Lima, I moved over to the materials table, to explain the simple process of making a story rope:

Choose a long a strip, then pick ribbons and buttons that have a color or pattern that relate to events in your story rope or time line.  


It is always amazing how the participants 'get it' immediately and rush up to make their button and ribbon choices. 


I believe as they listen to my story they are processing their own story.


To be continued..... 

Don't miss my other other blog, the Creative Process-also sharing experiences in Peru and Ecuador. 

click for latest post:
PERU Teaching With Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment