Sunday, March 17, 2013

BRAZIL You Are In God's Story (3rd story rope class)

Rio De Janeiro 3rd class 
After making their cordão de vida they were invited to share - but ONLY if they wanted to.

Following the story-telling we tooked at the two quilts. 


The quilt on the left is
 Pathway to Healing, the first of the Rwanda quilts (click to see all 4 Rwanda quilts). 

In my own story, It was hard for me to sense God's precence when I was in the deep depression. This verse offered me comfort that He was there:  

Behold I go forward but he is not there, and backward, but I can not percieve him. When He acts of the left, I can not behold him, He turns on the right, I can not see Him. BUT HE KNOWS THE WAY I TAKE and when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. Job 23:8-10. 

This is my story! 

The quilt on the right is God's Story Rope. 
Many of their stories contained a lot of darkness.  So many women  I've taught, most recently in this southern hemisphere, have been hurt and abused in evil, ugly ways, at the hand of others. 

This is verse I've used alot in these groups:  Genesis 50:19 What was meant for evil, God will use for good.  Don't stay hunkered down in the black -  in the past. Take risks!  God is there. Always available. 

At the end, everyone hung their story on God's story rope. For some, the healing process began last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment