Saturday, January 17, 2015

PRAYING THROUGH WOMEN'S STORIES

From Marcia's blog:
A vital part of the work I do, along with team members, is praying through women's stories as they share the art they have made. The art often reveals dark, traumatic or shameful parts of one's story. Wrong choices, words, actions are confessed. There are people to forgive, through prayer, as one's story is shared. Abusers are brought to Jesus and the work He has done on the cross. Jesus has died for each of our sins, and for every sin committed against us. Justice has been done. Payment for wrongs have been made on the cross. 

One friend recently stopped me in the middle of the parking lot. She made her storyrope™ a couple of weeks earlier. She was so excited to tell me -  "I get it now - bringing things to Jesus - and now I CAN FEEL HIS LOVE!" We hugged, and I just stood there and thanked God for His kindness, mercy and grace. read Marcia's full post

No comments:

Post a Comment