Sunday, August 21, 2011

THE RWANDA QUILTS


'Patchwork of Hope' is an article by Rose Busingye, writer on the World Relief Rwanda staff.
It's from a Rwandan's perspective. What did a white woman coming from the US know about the pain and trauma of genocide?
And when Rose heard that the contemporary fabric artist would be using art quilts to teach on the sensitive topic her doubts increased.
Read what happened when I came with my quilts & story rope materials to World Relief Rwanda. Article has photos, stories of the 4 Rwanda Quilts & breakthrough reactions. Here's the link: Patchwork of Hope
Photo: Final presentation was speaking at World Relief's the weekly chapel service. Marge in brown with Becca Smth (the WR country director's wife) in blue & my Rwandan translator.

1 comment:

  1. Marge, I loved seeing the four quilts and the explanation by Rose. Are you working on putting that presentation together as a video? I think it would be a great tool for me to share with others here in Boston area.
    Would there be a chance to put the four together in an exhibit?

    ReplyDelete